NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETINGS
ALABAMA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
DRAFT STATEWIDE TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM (STIP)
The Alabama Department of Transportation and the West Alabama Rural Planning Organization (RPO) will hold eight public meetings to gather input regarding the Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP). The meetings are scheduled for:
1. Bibb County - May 13, 2019, 6:00 p.m. - Brent City Hall, 22 1st Street, Brent, AL
2. Hale County - May 14, 2019, 5:00 p.m. - Moundville Library, 279 Market Street, Moundville, AL
3. Pickens County - May 15, 2019, 9:00 a.m. - Pickens County Commission, 20 Phoenix Ave, Carrollton, AL
4. Greene County - May 15, 2019, 11:00 a.m. - James C. Poole Library, 219 Prairie Avenue, Eutaw, AL
5. Lamar County - May 16, 2019, 6:00 p.m. - Lamar County Commission, 44690 Highway 17, Vernon, AL
6. Fayette County - May 28, 2019, 5:00 p.m. - Fayette County Commission, 103 1st Avenue NW, Fayette, AL
7. Tuscaloosa County - Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 10:00 a.m. - West Alabama Regional Commission, 4200 Highway 69 North, Northport, Alabama
8. Tuscaloosa County - Friday, May 31, 2019 - 10:30 a.m. - West Alabama Regional Commission, 4200 Highway 69 North, Northport, Alabama
ALDOT is seeking public comment on the proposed STIP, which includes a listing of specific transportation projects that will be funded during the next four years.
Each meeting will include displays, handouts, and a short presentation explaining the STIP. ALDOT or West Alabama RPO staff will be available to discuss planning efforts and answer questions.
Persons with disabilities should contact the West Alabama Regional Commission (205-333-2990, extension 213) at least one week before the meeting and specify the type of assistance needed.
The draft STIP is available for review at the ALDOT West Central Office (204 Marina Drive, Tuscaloosa), ALDOT Fayette Area Office (530 North Temple Avenue, Fayette), ALDOT Tuscaloosa Area Office (2715 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa), and West Alabama Regional Commission (4200 Highway 69 North, Northport). The draft STIP is also available on the ALDOT website (https://www.dot.state.al.us/) under the DRAFT 2020-20203 Statewide Transportation Improvement Program link.
ALDOT will accept comments until June 21, 2019. Comments should be sent to:
State Office Engineer
Alabama Department of Transportation
P.O. Box 3050
Montgomery, AL 36130-3050
Submit comments electronically at https://www.dot.state.al.us/ under the DRAFT 2020-2023 Statewide Transportation Improvement Program link.