On the second and fourth Tuesday of every month, at 6 p.m., the Pickens County Commission holds its formal meeting for approval of agenda items. It is also at this time public comment from citizens who sign in with the County Administrator may be heard.
At the most recent meeting, July 10, commissioners:
• Voted to combine the E911 and EMA Director positions for a six-month probationary period. Lakitha Bell, current EMA Director, was appointed to fill the combined position which went into effect July 15. The motion passed 3-1 with Commissioner Bobby Bain as the dissenting vote. Commissioner Frederick Kennedy was absent.
• Authorized Cheryl Bowles, County Administrator, to submit the opt-in notice joining Kane County, Utah v. United States class action lawsuit to recover underpayments of payments in lieu of taxes since fiscal year 2015.
• Rescheduled the August 23 administrative meeting to August 28 at 9 a.m.
At the June 26 meeting, commissioners:
• Approved the hire of Erica Wofford as Collections Clerk in the Revenue Commissioner’s Office pending drug test and physical results.
• Approved paying Southern Heating & Cooling $6,850 to install an HVAC unit for the upstairs lobby of the Judicial Center.
• Approved paying Alabama Central Glass $5,173 for upgrades and repairs to doors in the Judicial Center and Service Center.
• Approved paying Nextran $2,312.42 for an axle for a Road Department unit.